June 01, 2006

Overheard at The World Horror Convention

This is a feature that appears periodically, as we attend conventions and overhear things.  The tradition of keeping track of anonymous overheard bits and bobs started for us at the 2002 ConJose in San Jose, where trying (or trying not to) fill in the blanks on overheard conversations made us laugh so much that we made it a tradition.  This issue we thought we'd share some highlights from this year's World Horror Convention and Baycon.  Thanks to Rina Elson for her sharp ears:

"They changed my dosage, so I can't do that anymore."

"I don't think the alcohol is really affecting me, although I AM pretty talkative!"

"Who the hell are you people, and how do you know me?"

"You know you're at a Horror Convention when you ask the bartender for a knife and he says 'Who you gonna kill?'"

"The Art Show was. . .cat-heavy."

"You have them in your brain, you have them in your ears, and you have them on Old-Fashioned donuts."

"Sweetheart, at some point it ceases to be a dress and becomes a shirt."

The best t-shirt was:
"Morale will decline until the floggings improve." (in response to the Uber-common "The floggings will continue until morale improves.")

And the worst t-shirt was:
"I [Heart] Hot Moms"

No comments:

Post a Comment